Our Development Approach
At WorkSmart we deliver services and programs that are designed to make a substantial difference to company culture, leadership quality, overall engagement, talent attraction and retention and business performance. In order to achieve these results through a development program there are some essential principles we follow:
Development Approach (longer term)
- Transformation only occurs through committed practice over time. We therefore run programs over a period of time (usually 12 to 36 months) with consistent reinforcement, accountability for practice and transformational practices that make a difference.
- Transformation is challenging. We spend time culturalising the idea that discomfort in the name of progress and development is to be expected and welcomed. It is evidence of growth and an integral aspect of a mature and realistic development program. This allows us to engage in deeply meaningful work with our clients.
- Results must be measured during the process. In order for us to instill real accountability for results both as a provider and for participants we consistently measure participant’s progress through the duration of our programs.
- Trainer / Consultant credibility is essential. If the trainer / coach / consultant is not credible, experienced and can actually “walk the course talk” the whole process is undermined and loses its credibility. We take this extremely seriously at WorkSmart and hence we are all dedicated to practically live exceptional leadership principles & practices in our own lives.
- Senior leaders must be involved in the process. If the organisation wants to really take their culture and performance to higher levels it must be led by the senior leaders. This inspires and unites the whole organisation.
- Learn what you teach principles. We have designed several processes that support leaders to actually teach what they learn on the programs. This embeds the learning.
Development Approach (shorter term)
When our clients need a specific short term event or program delivered we approach these engagements as follows:
- We make 100% sure the actual outcome our client is looking for can be realistically achieved with a shorter term program or event. This usually involves a degree of follow through as a minimum. We have various follow through options after our programs.
- We often tailor our programs for specific client context. Context is fundamentally important in today’s environment. Off the shelf programs usually don’t deliver much more than glossy, slick training materials.
- We do everything we can to give our clients the capacity to continue on with the learnings after we have introduced them. In some cases this involves certification training of internal team members.
In summary, whatever we do with you can be measured in terms of positive organisational impact, not simply a good training experience.